The Innovation Chef is the key role to shape & drive the Innovation agenda for the European (and partially Global) business.
UNILEVER IS LOOKING FOR AN INNOVATION CHEF
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Full-time (day job)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Within Unilever the Baking Cooking and Spreading Company (BCS) is based on the key margarine portfolio (Dutch examples: Blueband, Becel, Croma) and Dairy Cream Alternatives (eg. Blueband Creams and Crème Fraiche). Within BCS, our mission is to create the best tasting products for plant based products, that are good for you and good for our planet.
Within BCS, Chefmanship is recognized, to drive the turnaround of the business and change our innovation agenda. From a more technical focused to a taste/trend driven spreads and creams business. The chefmanship role is the key role to shape & drive the Innovation agenda for the European (and partially Global) business. You influence the business and its impact in the market place. In essence, the Chefmanship role is to engage in developing products, solutions and experiences from initial raw ingredients until the final meal what the consumer eats.
The Innovation Chef role is a driving role in the design of product; it applies culinary excellence with the understanding of the Brand/Category and technologies by:
- driving culinary trends into the organization,
- shaping culinary golden standards with R&D and marketing teams,
- Activation of products via recipes and in market activation (demo’s etc.) towards consumer and customers.
The ambition of the team is that every Spreads project, idea generation and consumer research is inspired and elevated by Chefmanship.
- Deliver and derive culinary insight as part of Innovation Project,
- Lead the design of ‘golden/culinary benchmark’ for Product Development,
- Drive “trend/application scouting” and drive these insights into the BCS community,
- Co-ordinate/manage (culinary) quality and functional aspects of the product through the whole funnel,
- Drive activation and demo’s within BCS and co-create and ensure the quality of activation/communication materials in all media/customer channels which relate to cooking functionality and application,
- Based on culinary expertise, the jobholder contributes to communication activities (e.g. recipe creation),
- Understands what is important to drive the satisfaction of the consumers/customers worldwide,
- Understands and able to use the tools /methodology and detailed skills to perform the role in product/process development and evaluation,
- Develop and implement Best Practices into work processes,
- Ensure effective co-operation within BCS Cluster teams and with country teams, regarding culinary quality of the product,
- Play active role in monitoring and rising quality standards against competition for existing portfolio,
- Maintain effective links with Chefs in other parts of BCS and external network,
- Be a passionate ambassador of Culinary Art and towards its customers,
- Contribute to establishing BCS R&D as an inspiring place to work, contributing to site culture and group / team building events.
- Strong professional chefs background/credential acquired in Foodservice.
- Good awareness of product/category value chain and product/process design aspects in the relevant field.
- Very good communication and networking skills and drive mindset change.
- Passion and enthusiasm in creation of new products and ideas and should show quality obsession.
- Ability to create and deliver great dishes based on the understanding of global food cultures; while exploiting the appropriate kitchen processes thus generating new food ideas by creating new combinations, preparations, applications.
- Obsessed with delivering value-added, scratch quality components that reflect the chef's skills at highest level, ability to creatively enrich kitchen processes to add value to natural raw materials.
- Ability to understand and challenge science findings and convert into new technology for BCS products.
- Ability to give customised training to people from different target groups regarding culinary principles, culinary insight, food safety and hygiene.
- Fluent in English and ideally another language.
- Promote the credibility of our food competencies, quality obsession and vitality mission both internally and externally.
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE:
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter and send it to Margo.Toonen@unilever.com
Solliciteer op deze functie