You will work in our various restaurant concepts. Your tasks and responsibilities will be to provide instructions to the students and to guide/support, observe and evaluate the students’ performance.
Hotelschool The Hague is looking for a:
Food and Beverage Instructor - Restaurants
Who inspires students to get the best out of their F&B Practical Education programme!
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation developed over 87 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers.
Hotelschool The Hague students need practical experience to fully develop their hands-on approach and hospitality management skills. They gain this experience in our own facilities: at both campuses there are different restaurant concepts and a hotel where students learn and practice essential F&B and hospitality skills.
General Function Description
You will work in our various restaurant concepts. At the Hotelschool, second-year students who have completed their internship, manage the first year students during their practical education in the F&B facilities. You coach and supervise both these groups. Additionally, you participate in workshops and other educational activities.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to provide instructions to the students and to guide and support, observe and evaluate the students’ performance. You will also contribute to the development of the Practical Education programme.
- Preferably a Bachelor degree;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience at Fine-Dining restaurants;
- Familiar with a range of contemporary business restaurant concepts;
- A qualified coach and experience in supervising students;
- Experience with modern, automated order processes;
- A team player; within our team this means that you are a flexible, committed, trustworthy, innovative and convincing colleague;
- Willing to work irregular hours (occasionally during the weekends);
- Excellent verbal and written command of both Dutch and English;
- An affinity with the hospitality industry and education.
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 with a range between € 2.409,80 and € 3.226,54 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- a 13th month;
- an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- employees with 40 hour working weeks are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave with retention of salary per calendar year;
- a retirement pension through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further education;
- the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance.
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select F&B Instructor - Restaurants and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
The position is for a fixed period of 6 months, with a possibility to receive an extension of this contract.
The starting date for this position is December 2017 or January 2018.
Please send your application letter and CV in English, to the attention of Ms L.E. Overwater, Human Resources Advisor. The application deadline is 8 October 2017.
Please contact Mr. J.J. Ouwejan, F&B Manager, phone +31 (0)70-3512481 or +31 (0)6-24778029, should you require any more information about the position.
An English language proficiency test will be part of the selection procedure.
You will be located in The Hague but you are willing to work at our Campus in Amsterdam on occasions.
Solliciteer op deze functie